Thursday, October 22, 2015

Scotland // Style



Europe is totally where real true fashion lives, and thrives. No limits, less trends and more individuality and spirit in mind.

This includes all of their fashions from secondhand shops to retailers, to designers. European style is more unique to each individual and piece of clothing. Especially the secondhand shops---each accessory and clothing item has it's own character that has built up over time and each piece looked like nothing else I've ever seen. Leaving sooo many possibilities. Meeep, it was so exciting!

Chris and I spent hours trying on things on at Armstrong's Vintage shop in Edinburgh. The lady who checked us out, told us about this hidden cafe called Under the Stairs. It was a freaking sweet place. It was like mature low key hipster, with warmth and chillness at the same time. Some kind of vibe like that. It was cool :)

On another style note.. different color hair, piercings and tattoos seemed more acceptable than they do here in the U.S., but in an almost sophisticated manner. Peeps jut do their own thing because they simply can. And they can because they don't let differences disrupt getting things done or understanding the overall purpose. 

Each person goes about getting things done their own way, and that's okay. As long as you get the things done you think you should/need to get done. Making them seem, to me at least, more fluid as a society, we are much more rigid and structured. Almost like all things must be a certain way, ya know? Maybe it's just me. I just think America could maybe loosen up just a little bit and relax, in celebration almost. I'm just worried worried way may work ourselves too hard. Don't know if that makes sense, but yeah.

Basically though Scotland was sooo awesome and I would love to go back.



Cheesecake timeeeee :p

These little bbs were the matchiest cheesecakes I could find (matchiest and matcha-iest).

The matcha obsession is a super for real thing, and I love it---whether it's annoying or not ha. I enjoy it and it's good for you.

The matcha minis with white chocolate covered strawberries were made and created by blogger Jo Cooks. Thank ya for the awesome cheesecake inspo~

The green of these bbs were the closest shade to the pungent, bright green shade of my dress. The black crust made of Oreo cookie crumbs (mad yumz), I like to think of as the black outline of my dress's flowers. Especially amount wise because the cheesecake has a thin crust and my dress's flowers also have a thin outline. I was also feeling that the white chocolate covered strawberries kind of resemble the flowers on my dress.. as in they are both kind of there for the same idea/purpose, ya know? Decor like almost!

As for the second matcha cheesecake, I think you can see where I'm gettin' at... The flowerzzz~~ they have the same posh feel as my dress.

I'm not sure if the Nicest Things blogger, Vera, found this cheesecake and then used it, & gave it credit as inspiration for her own matcha limetten cheesecake she made, or if she made both? Not really sure, but either way check out her blog for more yumz!

Well, bye for nowz.



And bye again, lols.







No comments:

Post a Comment